This hardwood edge grain cutting board is made from hand selected Cherry, Black Walnut, Maple & Padauk. Cherry is the main wood used, which gives this board a warm and classic look. The two strips of Maple are set off by the rich dark Walnut in between and the surrounding redish color of the exotic Padauk on the outsides.
- Juice Grooves: The Medium boards feature a juice groove on the top while the bottom is flat. This allows the board to be used on either side depending on which type of food you are preparing.The Large & Small boards are flat on both sides.
- Finger Grooves: All three sizes of boards come with finger grooves on each end which allows for easy handling and lifting.
These cutting boards can also double as a cheese or Charcuterie board next time you entertain family or friends!
Each board is personally hand crafted by myself (Dana J. Alfonso) and inspected continuously throughout the 16 step process required to build each board. Once the boards are complete, they are finished up with a custom branded maple wood hang tag along with care instructions and a wood species tag.Sizes:
- Large 18" x 11"
- Medium 14" x 7 1/4"
- Small 10" x 6 3/4"
- Made with hand selected natural woods
- No stains or dyes
- Water resistant & FDA approved glues for indirect food contact
- Food safe/FDA compliant cutting board oil
- Hand wash with warm soapy water, rinse and dry. Do not submerge in water.
- Periodically scrub with coarse salt and half of a lemon.
- Apply a quality cutting board oil every 6-8 weeks or as needed using a clean soft cloth or paper towel. Allow to dry overnight if possible. Wipe away excess.
Exotic Wood Info:
- Padauk (Central & Tropical West Africa)
Domestic Wood Info:
- Cherry (North America)
- Maple (North America)
- Black Walnut (North America)
Don't forget to add some cutting board oil to your shopping cart to keep your handmade board in tip top shape!